Andrés Felipe Herrera Motta
- Doctoral Aspirant
Research Interest: Diversity, ecology, taxonomy, and systematics of Neotropical bees (Hymenoptera-Apoidea)
Hometown: Bogotá, Colombia
Selected Publications —
Engel, M.S., L.T.P. Nguyen, N.T. Tran, T.A. Truong, & A.F. Herrera Motta. 2022. A new genus of minute stingless bees from Southeast Asia (Hymenoptera, Apidae). ZooKeys.
Selected Presentations —
Presentations at Regional, National, & International Meetings
- Herrera, A.F., Aguilar, M.L. & Cure, J. 2018. Survey of bees (Hymenoptera: Apoidea) and the floral resources associated with them in two patches of the tropical dry forest in “The Tatacoa Desert” Colombia. ESA, ESC, and ESBC Joint Annual Meeting. Vancouver, BC Canada. 2018. Oral presentation.
- Herrera, A.F. & Cepeda, P. 2018. Diversity of floral visitors in the ornamental gardens of Universidad Militar Nueva Granada campus. Bio-Expo ll. Cajicá, Colombia. Oral presentation.
- Herrera, A.F., Poveda C.A. & Riaño, D. 2016. Temporal variation of stingless bees (Hymenoptera-Meliponini) in the Tatacoa Desert ecosystem. LI National Entomology Congress. Mexican Entomology Society. Querétaro, México. Oral presentation.
- Herrera, A.F. & Quiroga, D. 2014. Main organic insecticides and their effect on the white tobacco fly Bemisia tabaci in Colombian crops. 1st Colombian Symposium on Agricultural Chemistry. Universidad Militar Nueva Granada, Bogota and Cajica, Colombia. Poster presentation.
Attendance at Regional, National, & International Workshops, Symposia, & Meetings
- Herrera, A.F. First International Workshop Pollinators of Colombia and the Colombian Pollination Initiative. University of La Salle. Bogota, Colombia, September 14-15, 2017.
- Herrera, A.F. International Congress of Moors and Mountain Ecosystems. Ministry of Environment Bogota Colombia. July 12-14, 2017.
- Herrera, A.F. VIII Colombian Meeting on Wild Bees. National University of Colombia & Universidad Militar Nueva Granada. Bogota Colombia. November 29-29, 2016.
- Herrera, A.F. First Encounter of Applied Biology. Universidad Militar Nueva Granada, Science Faculty. Cajica, Colombia. September 26, 2014.
- Herrera, A.F. Network for Neotropical Biogeography 3rd meeting. Andes University, Faculty of Sciences. Bogota Colombia. January 7-10, 2014.
Grants & Other Funded Activity —
- Herrera, A.F. Fellowship at Smithsonian Tropical Research Institute, Panama. “Morphological traits of the flowers of 50 Ha plot flora of Barro Colorado Island, Panama”, with Jaramillo, C. and Mander, L. February 10- July 10, 2020.
- Herrera, A.F. Distinguished thesis award. “Diversity and temporal variation of floral visitors (Hymenoptera-Apoidea) in two relicts of Tropical Dry Forest in Tatacoa, Huila, Colombia”. Universidad Militar Nueva Granada. 2019.
- Herrera, A.F. Internship at Smithsonian Tropical Research Institute, Panama. “Natural History of Arthropods” with Wcislo, W.T. Barro Colorado Island. April 23-June 24, 2019.
- Herrera, A.F. Internship at Smithsonian Tropical Research Institute, Panama. “Biostratigraphy of the Neotropics” with Jaramillo, C. and Moreno, E. at the Center of Tropical Paleoecology and Archeology (CTPA). July 2-28, 2018.