- Master's student
Faculty Mentor: Dr. Kirsten Jensen
Research Interest: I am interested in the diversity, morphology, and taxonomy of the tapeworms of sharks and rays.
Hometown: St. Louis, MO
B.S. in Biochemistry, University of Kansas, 2022, Lawrence, KS
Selected Presentations —
- Hanselman, K. and K. Jensen. Lecanicephalidean fauna of the stingray genus Pastinachus and the problem that is Polypocephalus. 10th International Workshop on Cestode Systematics and Phylogeny, Warsaw, Poland. August 5 – 10, 2023. Poster presentation.
- Hanselman, K. and K. Jensen. Flaps, Spikes, and Tentacles: Diversity of lecanicephalidean tapeworms parasitizing cowtail rays. Annual meeting of the American Society of Parasitologists, InterContinental Hotel, Kansas City, Missouri. July 12 – 16, 2023. Oral presentation.
- Hanselman, K. and K. Jensen. Reexamination of species diversity and host associations of the elasmobranch tapeworm genus Anteropora. Annual meeting of the Southwestern Association of Parasitologists, University of Oklahoma Field Station, Lake Texoma, Oklahoma. April 13 – 15, 2023. Oral presentation.
- Hanselman, K. and K. Jensen. The identity of a little-known group of lecanicephalidean tapeworms parasitizing cowtail rays in the Indo-Pacific region. International Congress of Parasitology, Copenhagen, Denmark. August 21 – 26, 2022. Poster presentation.
Awards & Honors —
- Marc Dresden Outstanding Student Paper Award, Southwestern Association of Parasitology, April 2023.
- Marc Dresden Travel Award, American Society of Parasitology, July 2023