- Master's Student
Research Interest: Plant-insect interactions as mediated by arbuscular mycorrhizal fungi, regenerative agriculture, prairie reconstruction, ecological interpretation through interdisciplinary practice
Hometown: Elgin, IL
Selected Presentations —
Invited Artist/Interdisciplinary Lectures:
- Gehin, A. Visiting artist lecture. Nerman Museum of Contemporary Art. Overland Park, Kansas, 2021. Invited Oral Contribution.
- Gehin, A. Artist lecture-Host plants. Kemper Art Museum E(ART)h Extravaganza. Kemper Museum of Contemporary Art, Kansas City, Missouri, 2019. Invited Oral Contribution.
- Gehin, A. Feed the Birds, the Bees, And the Butterflies. Green Works, Kansas City, Missouri, 2018. Invited Oral Contribution.
- Gehin, A., Van Rhein, S. Historic and Potential Bottomland Habitat. West Bottoms Reborn, Kansas City, Missouri, 2017. Invited Oral Contribution.
- Gehin, A., Van Rhein, S. Disturbances in the Field. La Esquina, Kansas City, Missouri, 2015. Invited Oral Contribution.
Grants & Other Funded Activity —
- Gehin, A., Bever, J. (PI) Graduate Research. Tritrophic Interactions with Silphium integrifolium at the Axis. The Land Institute Sponsored. $75,418. 24 mo. 1/1/22-12/31/23. Funded.
- Gehin, A., Bereolos, C. Ecological Interpretation Art Project. Macrocosmos Caterpillar: Monarch Streetcar. Art in the Loop, Missouri Department of Conservation, City Roots, and Down to Earth Services Sponsored. 6 mo. 4/1/19-10/1/19. Funded.
- Gehin, A. Artist Residency. BNIM Architects, Kansas City, MO. 2014-2015.
- Gehin, A. Artist Residency. Charlotte Street Foundation, Kansas City, MO. 2007.