- B.Sc. in Animal Biology, University of Yaounde I, Cameroon
- M.Sc. in Zoology, University of Yaounde I, Cameroon
- Portik, D. M., Jongsma, G. F., Kouete, M. T., Scheinberg, L. A., Freiermuth, B., Tapondjou, W. P., & Blackburn, D. C. 2018 – Ecological, Morphological, and Reproductive Aspects of a Diverse Assemblage of Hyperoliid Frogs (Family: Hyperoliidae) Surrounding Mt. Kupe, Cameroon. Herpetological Review, 49(3), 397-408.
- Allen, K.E., Tapondjou, N.W.P., Welton, L.J., Bauer, A.M. 2017 – A new species of Trachylepis (Squamata: Scincidae) from Central Africa and a key to the Trachylepis of West and Central Africa. Zootaxa, 4268(2), 255-269.
- Portik, D.M., Jongsma, G.F., Kouete, M.T., Scheinberg, L.A., Freiermuth, B., Tapondjou, W.P., and D.C. Blackburn. 2016 – A survey of amphibians and reptiles in the foothills of Mount Kupe, Cameroon. 10(2) [Special Section]: 37–67 (e131).
- Nono LeGrand Gonwouo, Anye D. Ndeh, Walter P. Tapondjou N., Brice P. Noonan. 2013 –Notes on Geographic Distribution (NGD): Amphibia, Bufonidae, Didynamipus sjostedti Andersson, 1903: New records and a review of geographic distribution. Check List 9(4): 780–782.
Presentations at Regional, National, & International Meetings:
- Tapondjou, W.P., Allen, K., Gonwouo, L., Brown, R. – Phylogeography of the mountain endemic Chameleons of the Cameroon volcanic line. 9th biennial conference of International Biogeography Society in Malaga, Spain. January 2019. Poster.
- Allen, K., Freeman, B., Tapondjou, W.P., Cooper, J., Brown, R., Peterson, A. – Modeling potential Pleistocene dispersal corridors between Afromontane forest regions. 9th biennial conference of International Biogeography Society in Malaga, Spain. January 2019. Oral communication.
Minor Grants & Proposals:
- Tapondjou, W. Species delimitation and gene flow of the mountain endemic chameleons of the Cameroon volcanic line. Panorama Grant. $1000. 2019 Funded
- Tapondjou, W. Herpetological assessment of a central African rainforest refuge, the Kimbi-Fungom National Park, North-west Cameroon. Panorama Grant. $1000. 2018. Funded
- Tapondjou, W. Herpetological assessment of a central African rainforest refuge, the Kimbi-Fungom National Park, North-west Cameroon. Congo Basin Conservation Grant. $4700. Funded
- Tapondjou, W. 2017 Panorama Grant $1000. 2017. Funded
- Tapondjou, W. Influence of the anthropogenic activities on the habitat selection, perch height and feeding ecology of endemic chameleons of the Cameroon Volcanic Line. Congo Basin Conservation Grant $4450. 2015. Funded
Fellowships, Awards and Honors:
- Tapondjou, W. Chancellor’s Doctoral Fellowship. The University of Kansas, $25,000. 9 mo. 08/17/19-08/17/20.
- Tapondjou, W. Award of the ZenScientist Grant Administered through the Herpetological Association of Africa (HAA) $400. June 2014.