- Master's Student
EEB - Haworth Hall
Faculty Mentor: Andrew Short
Research Interests: Ecological, Molecular, and Morphological Evolution, Entomology, Systematics, Biogeography, Population and Quantitative Genetics, Biodiversity Conservation
Hometown: Batavia, IL
B.S. in Environmental Science, Xavier University, Cincinnati, Ohio
Selected Presentations —
- Neff, R.N., S. Racey, and M.D. McIntosh. A Functional Analysis of Macroinvertebrate Communities within Streams of the Mill Creek Watershed, Cincinnati, Ohio. Society for Freshwater Science Annual Meeting; Salt Lake City, Utah, May 2019. Poster Presentation.
- Neff, R.N., and C.A. Maier. Evolutionary Implications of Wing Morphology on Dispersal Ability in New Zealand Riffle Beetles. NSF REU Research Symposium, Chicago, Illinois, August 2018. Video and Poster Presentation.
- Neff, R.N., A. Shafor, R. Villaver, S. Racey and M.D. McIntosh. Habitat quality and macroinvertebrate community structure within the Mill Creek Watershed, Cincinnati, Ohio. Celebration of Undergraduate Research Symposium, Cincinnati, Ohio, April 2018. Oral and Poster Presentation.
- Neff, R.N., A. Shafor, R. Villaver, S. Racey and M.D. McIntosh. 2018. A temporal assessment of habitat quality and macroinvertebrate community structure within the Mill Creek Watershed, Cincinnati, Ohio. Midwest Ecology and Evolution Conference, East Lansing, Michigan, April 2018. Poster Presentation.
Awards & Honors —
- Neff, R.N. Undergraduate Research Travel Award. Xavier University Biology Department. Total Award: $720. May 2019. Funded.
- Neff, R.N. St. Francis Xavier Full Tuition Scholarship. Xavier Universtity. August 2015-May 2019. Total Award: $138,000. Funded