- Master's student
EEB - Haworth Hall
Faculty Mentors: Folashade Agusto and Weizhang Huang
Research Interests: Computational Mathematics, Epidemiology, Modelling
Hometown: Raytown, Missouri
B.S. in Mathematics, University of Kansas
Selected Publications —
- 2021: Using Google Health Trends to investigate COVID-19 incidence in Africa. Alexander Fulk, Daniel Romero-Alvarez, Qays Abu-Saymeh, Jarron M. Saint Onge, A. Townsend Peterson, Folashade B. Agusto. Work in Progress
- 2020: Impact of public sentiments on the transmission of COVID-19 across a geographical gradient. Folashade B. Agusto, Eric Numfor, Srinivasan Karthik, Enahoro Iboi, Alexander Fulk, Jarron M. Saint Onge, A. Townsend Peterson. Submitted to PeerJ
- 2020: To isolate or not to isolate: The impact of changing behavior on COVID-19 transmission. Folashade B. Agusto, Igor V. Erovenko, Alexander Fulk, Qays Abu-Saymeh, Daniel Romero-Alvarez, Joan Ponce, Suzanne Sindi, Omayra Ortega, Jarron M. Saint Onge, A. Townsend Peterson. Submitted to BioMed Central Public Health
Selected Presentations —
- 2021: National Science Foundation (NSF) Student Conference on COVID-19 Modelling (virtual) – I, along with Qays Abu-Saymeh, presented research on ‘Using Google Health Trends (GHT) to investigate COVID-19 incidence in Africa.’
- 2020: University of North Carolina at Greensboro Regional Mathematics and Statistics Conference (UNC-RMSC) (virtual) – I presented a Lyme disease model with spatial dependence and variable diffusion coefficients.
- 2020: University of Kansas Undergraduate Research Symposium (virtual) – I presented a Lyme disease model with spatial dependence and variable diffusion coefficients.
- 2019: Fulk, Alex, Huang, Weizhang, and Gavosto, Estela. Numerical Study of Disease Epidemic Models with Diffusion. KU-Haskell Research Symposium (poster presentation).
- 2017: Fulk, Alex, and Siebert, Kitzeln. Cantor’s Diagonalization Argument. Johnson County Community College Honors Symposium (poster presentation).