- B.S., Biological Science, California State University, Sacramento, 2008
- Barley, A.J., J. White, A.C. Diesmos, and R.M. Brown. in press. The challenge of species delimitation at the extremes: diversification without morphological change in Philippine sun skinks. Evolution. DOI: 10.1111/evo.12219
- McLeod, D.S., J.K. Kelly, and A.J. Barley. 2012. “Same-same, but different”: another new species of the Limnonectes kuhlii complex from Thailand (anura:Dicroglossidae). Russian Journal of Herpetology, 19:261–274.
- McLeod, D.S., S.J. Horner, C. Husted, A.J. Barley, and D. Iskandar. 2011. “Same-same, but different”: an unusual new species of the Limnonectes kuhlii complex from West Sumatra (Anura:Dicroglossidae). Zootaxa, 2883:52–64.
- Fuiten, A.M., L.J. Welton, A.C. Diesmos, A.J. Barley, B. Oberheide, M.V. Duya, E.L.B. Rico, and R.M. Brown. 2011. A new species of stream frog (Sanguirana) from the mountains of Luzon Island, Philippines. Herpetologica, 67:89–103.
- Barley, A.J., P.Q. Spinks, R.C. Thomson, and H.B. Shaffer. 2010. Fourteen nuclear genes provide phylogenetic resolution for difficult nodes in the turtle tree of life. Molecular Phylogenetics and Evolution, 55:1189–1194.
- Spinks, P.Q., R.C. Thomson, A.J. Barley, C.E. Newman, and H.B. Shaffer. 2010. Testing avian, squamate, and mammalian nuclear markers for cross amplification in turtles, Conservation Genetics Resources, 2:127–129.
- Barley, A.J., and R.M. Coleman. 2010. Habitat structure affects aggression in convict cichlids, Archocentrus nigrofasciatus. Current Zoology, 56:1–5.
- Barley, A.J. Species delimitation at the extremes: diversification without morphological change in Philippine sun skinks. JMIH, Albuquerque, NM, July 2013.
- Barley, A.J. Phylogenetics, biogeography, and color pattern evolution in old world cat-eyed snakes (genus Boiga). Evolution, Portland, OR, June 2010.
- Barley, A.J. Using multiple nuclear loci to infer higher level systematic relationships in turtles. Evolution, Moscow, ID, June 2009.
- Barley, A.J. Habitat structure affects aggression in convict cichlids, Archocentrus nigrofasciatus. CSU statewide research competition, Los Angeles, CA, May 2009.
- Stoye Award, 2013 Joint Meeting of Ichthyologists and Herpetologists (General Herpetology)
- Leaman D. Harris KU Biodiversity Scholarship Fund. $4990. 2013.
- Doctoral Student Research Fund, KU Office of Graduate Studies. $2000 (2012) & $1500 (2011).
- KUBI Panorama research fund. $1000. 2011 & 2012.
- CSU Sacramento Undergraduate Research Competition winner (March 2009)
- CSU Statewide Research Competition winner (2nd place, Undergraduate Biological Sciences, May 2009)