- B.S. in Biochemistry from the University of Arizona, minor in Mathematics
- Koseva, B., Crawford, D. J., Brown, K. E., Mort, M. E. and Kelly, J. K. (2017), The genetic breakdown of sporophytic self-incompatibility in Tolpis coronopifolia (Asteraceae). New Phytol. doi:10.1111/nph.14759
- Brown, K. E. and Kelly, J. K. (2017), Antagonistic pleiotropy can maintain fitness variation in annual plants. J. Evol. Biol.. Accepted Author Manuscript. doi:10.1111/jeb.13192
- Brown, KE. Epigenetic Effects of Transgenic Manipulation in Glycine max (Soybean). AZ Bio Expo, Scottsdale, Arizona, June 2014. Poster.
- Brown KE, Koseva B, Crawford DJ, Kelly JK. RNA-seq based identification of candidate genes for the breakdown of self-incompatiblity (SI) in Tolpis (Asteraceae). Evolution Conference, Austin, TX, June 2016. Poster.
- Brown, KE. Antagonistic pleiotropy (AP) can maintain fitness variation in annual plants. University of Kansas EEB seminar series, September 2017. Invited talk.
- Chancellor’s Doctoral Fellowship. The University of Kansas. $25,000. 5 years. 8/14-5/19
- KU Botany Endowment Scholarship. July 2016.
- Cold Spring Harbor Labs Helmsley Scholarship. July 2016.