- Ph.D., Chemical and Biomolecular Engineering, KAIST, Korea. 2019
- M.A., Ecology and Evolutionary Biology, University of Kansas. 2014
- B.S., Ecology, Minnesota State University, Mankato (Magna Cum Laude). 2011
- JH Yun, DH Cho, J Heo, YJ Lee, B Lee, YK Chang, HS Kim. 2019. Evaluation of the potential of Chlorella sp. HS2, an algal isolate from a tidal rock pool, as an industrial algal crop under a wide range of abiotic conditions. Journal of Applied Phycology, 1-14.
- K Cho, J Heo, DH Cho, QG Tran, JH Yun, SM Lee, YJ Lee, HS Kim. 2019. Enhancing algal biomass and lipid production by phycospheric bacterial volatiles and possible growth enhancing factor. Algal Research 37, 186-194.
- JH Yun, DH Cho, B Lee, HS Kim, YK Chang. 2018. Application of biosurfactant from Bacillus subtilis C9 for controlling cladoceran grazers in algal cultivation systems. Scientific Reports 8 (1), 5365.
- R Kakarla, JW Choi, JH Yun, BH Kim, J Heo, S Lee, DH Cho, R Ramanan, HS Kim. 2018. Application of high-salinity stress for enhancing the lipid productivity of Chlorella sorokiniana HS1 in a two-phase process. Journal of Microbiology 56 (1), 56-64.
- JH Yun, DH Cho, S Lee, J Heo, QG Tran, YK Chang, HS Kim. 2018. Hybrid operation of photobioreactor and wastewater-fed open raceway ponds enhances the dominance of target algal species and algal biomass production. Algal Research 29, 319-329.
- JH Yun, VH Smith, HJ La, YK Chang. 2016. Towards managing food-web structure and algal crop diversity in industrial-scale algal biomass production. Current Biotechnology 5 (2), 118-129.
- JH Yun, VH Smith, RC Pate. 2015. Managing nutrients and system operations for biofuel production from freshwater macroalgae. Algal Research 11, 13-21.
- JH Yun, VH Smith, FJ deNoyelles, GW Roberts, SM Stagg-Williams. 2014. Freshwater macroalgae as a biofuels feedstock: mini-review and assessment of their bioenergy potential. Industrial Biotechnology 10 (3), 212-220.
- Jin-Ho Yun, Taylor Patterson, Robert Griffin, Dr. Val Smith, Dr. Jerry deNoyelles. 2013. Filamentous Freshwater Macroalgae as a Potential Biofuel Feedstock. Friday Ecology Talk. Kansas Biological Survey, Lawrence, KS.
- Poster Presentation
- Jin-Ho Yun, Taylor Patterson, Griffin Roberts, Val H. Smith. 2013. Productivity and Growth of Filamentous Macroalgae for Use as a Potential Biofuel Feedstock. Sigma Xi Graduate Research Competition. Kansas Union, Ballroom Lawrence, KS.
- Jin-Ho Yun, Taylor Patterson, Griffin Roberts, Val H. Smith. 2013. Productivity and Growth of Filamentous Macroalgae for Use as a Potential Biofuel Feedstock. 2013 Graduate Research Competition. Kansas Union, Ballroom Lawrence, KS.
- Taylor Patterson, Jin-Ho Yun, Griffin Roberts, Val H. Smith. 2012. Productivity and Growth of Filamentous Macroalgae for Use as a Biofuel Feedstock. NSF EPSCoR Summer 2012 Poster Session. Kansas State University, Manhattan, KS.
- James Hoy, Val H. Smith, Jin-Ho Yun. 2012. Production and Co-combustion of Algal Biomass Pellets for Use in Heating and Cooking Applications in Developing Countries. KU Summer Undergraduate Research Poster Symposium. Kansas Union, Ballroom Lawrence, KS.
- Jin-Ho Yun, Val. H Smith and Jerry deNoyelles. 2012. Filamentous green algae as a potential solid biofuel feedstock. 3rd Annual Program Review NSF EPSCoR Kansas Center for Solar Energy Research. Wichita Marriott, Wichita, KS.
- Jin-Ho Yun, Val. H Smith and Jerry deNoyelles. 2012. Filamentous green algae as a potential solid biofuel feedstock. 2nd KU Energy Conference. Oread Hotel, Lawrence, KS.
- Jin-Ho Yun and L. Ardanova. 2011. Isomorphus substitutions of calcium by dysprosium in the structure of synthetic vanadate apatite. 77th Annual Meeting and 22nd Winchell Undergraduate Symposium of Minnesota Academy of Science. North Hennepin Community College, Brooklyn Park, MN.
- 2012 KUFS Small Grant Program
- 2010 CRC Press Chemistry Achievement Award, Minnesota State University, Mankato.
- 2007-2011. U.S. Dual Degree Program Scholarship, Catholic University of Daegu, Korea.