- BS Wildlife Biology, Kansas State University
- Harpel, Desiree. Undergraduate Research Mentoring Fellowship. Kansas State University. $15,000. 12 mo. 05/12-05/13.
- Harpel, Desiree L. Species boundaries and hybrid zones of a recently diverged species complex. Lightening Talk, Manhattan, August 2012. Invited Speaker.
- Harpel, Desiree L and Marshall, Jeremy. Species boundaries and bybrid zones of a recently diverged species complex. Ecological Genetics Symposium, Kansas City, KS, October 2012. Poster Presentation.
Attendance at Regional, National, & International Workshops, Symposia & Meetings:
- Harpel, Desiree. 19th Summer of Statistical Genetics: Modules 1, 4, and 7. Travel Grant awarded from . July 17-23rd.
- Harpel, Desiree. Non-model Genomics Workshop. Travel Grant awarded. July 24-26.
- Harpel, Desiree. Ecological Grassland Studies. Kansas State University. $2300. May 18-June 15, 2012.
- Harpel, Desiree. Entomological Summer Scholarship. University of Kansas. $5500. May-August, 2014