- Ph.D aspirant in entomology
- M.S. in Natural Resources from University of Wisconsin- Stevens Point
- Peace Corps Master’s International Program
- B.S. in Biology, Emporia State University
- Mayes, D.M. 2012. Insect pollinators within cotton fields of small-scale farms in Mwachisompola, Zambia. KU EEB GSO Retreat.
- Jones, D.M. 2005. Cornsnakes Select Higher Body Temperatures After Eating. Emporia State University Undergraduate Research & Creativity Day, Emporia, KS.
- Jones, D.M. 2004. Temperature and Feeding Influence Calorie Use in Cornsnakes. Emporia State University Undergraduate Research & Creativity Day, Emporia, KS.
- 2013. KU Entomology Endowment Travel Award. $785. January.
- 2013. KU Entomology Endowment Summer Scholarship. $6000. May.
- 2013. KUFS Small Grants Program. $391. June.