- M.S. in biology from Liaoning Normal University, 2011
- B.S. in biology from Ahnui Agricultural College, 2008
- MS in ecology and evolutionary biology, University of Kansas
- M. Xie, L. Zhang, R. Cai, X. Chen, X. Ji, F. Ma. 2010. Feature analysis of the base mutations in coding region (BMCRs) of human syndrome-related genes. Journal of Liaoning Normal University ( Nature Science Edition), 2010-02.
- Song, Yumei, Chen, Xi, and Chen, Xueping. 2010. Nonparallel accumulation of synonymous and non‐synonymous substitutions on human and chimpanzee chromosomes, Journal of University of Science and Technology of China 40 (5).
- X. Ma, J. Li‐Ling, Q. Huang, X. Chen, L. Hou, F. Ma. 2009. Systematic analysis of alternative promoters correlated with alternative splicing in human genes. Genomics 93(5): 420‐425.
- 2008. University Excellent Thesis, Ahnui Agricultural College.
- 2007. Outstanding Student Scholarship, Anhui Agricultural College.
- 2006. Outstanding Student Scholarship, Anhui Agricultural College.