- BA in Psychology, Millersville University 2006
- MS in Biology, St. Josephs University 2010
- Samuel, R., Stephenson, R., Roy, P., Pryor, R., Zhou, L., Bonkowsky, J. L., & Gale, B. K. 2015. Microfluidic-aided genotyping of zebrafish in the first 48 h with 100% viability. Biomedical microdevices, 17(2), 1-7.
- Hvorency LM, Grudowski JL, Blakeslee CJ, Simmons TL, Roy PR, Brooks JA, Hanner RM, Beigel ME, Karson MA, Nichols RH, Holm JB, Boal, JG. 2007.Octopuses (Octopus bimaculoides) and cuttlefishes (Sepia officionales) can conditionally discriminate. Animal Cognition 4: 449-59.
PRESENTATIONS AT REGIONAL AND NATIONAL MEETINGS:
- Roy, P.R. and J.M. Gleason. Do you see what I see? The evolution of visual signals across spotted winged Drosophila species groups. Evolution 2017, Portland, Oregon. June 22-28. Poster Contribution.
- Roy, P.R. and J.M. Gleason. The coevolution of courtship display and morphology in spotted winged Drosophila. 53rd Annual Conference of the Animal Behavior Society, Columbia, Missouri. July 30-August 2. Oral contribution.
- Roy, P.R. and S.P. McRobert. A life history analysis of two populations of Drosophila simulans. The 146th Annual Meeting of the Kansas Academy of Science. Emporia State University, Emporia, KS. April 4-5. Poster Contribution.
- PhD Poster 1st place awarded.
- Roy, P.R. and J.M. Gleason. The correlation of morphological and behavioral traits in spotted winged Drosophila. EEB Graduate Student Talk Series at the University of Kansas, Lawrence, KS. August 23, 2017.
- Roy, P.R. Sex Flies and Audiotape. Studying complex sexual signals using Drosophila. Nerd Nite Kansas City, Mo. December 15, 2014.
- 2014. Doctoral Student Research Fund.
- 2014. University of Kansas Field Station Small Grant.
AWARDS AND FELLOWSHIPS
- 2013-2014. Graduate Recruitment Fellowship, University of Kansas
PUBLIC SERVICE AND OUTREACH
- 016-present. “Meet a Marine Biologist” water badge workshop. Girl Scouts of NW Kansas and NE Missouri.
- 2014-2016. Invasive species and entomology modules for Northeastern Kansas Regional Science Olympiad.
- 2014-present. Career Horizons Program for 5th graders from at-risk areas.
- 2013-present. Judge at local and Kansas City Science and Engineering Fairs.
- 2016-2017. Graduate Admissions Committee GSO Representative.