- BS in Chemistry and Biology, The College of William and Mary
- Klompen, A. M. L., Macrander, J., Reitzel, A. M., and S. N. Stampar. (2020). Transcriptomic analysis of four cerianthid (Cnidaria, Ceriantharia) venoms. Marine Drugs, 18(8), 413. https://doi.org/10.3390/md18080413
- Ames, C. L.**, Klompen, A. M. L**., Badhiwala, K., Muffett, K., Reft, A. J., Kumar, M., Janssen, J.D., Schultzhaus, J. N., Field, L. D., Muroski, M. E., Bezio, N., Robinson, J. T., Leary, D. H., Cartwright, P., Collins, A. G., and G. J. Vora. (2020). Cassiosomes are stinging-cell structures in the mucus of the upside-down jellyfish Cassiopea xamachana. Communications Biology, 3(1), 1-15. https://doi.org/10.1038/s42003-020-0777-8 ** Co-first authors
- Dodds, W. K., Zeglin, L. H., Ramos, R. J., Platt, T. G., Pandey, A., Michaels, T., Masigol, M., Klompen, A. M. L., Kelly, M. C., Jumpponen, A., Hauser, E., Hansen, P. M., Greer, M. J., Fattahi, N., Delavaux, C. S., Connell, R. K., Billings, S., Bever, J. D., Barua, N., and F. B. Agusto. 2020. Connections and Feedback: Aquatic, Plant, and Soil Microbiomes in Heterogeneous and Changing Environments, BioScience, 70(7), 548–562. https://doi.org/10.1093/biosci/biaa046
- Allen, J. D., Klompen, A. M. L., Alpert, E. J., and A. J. Reft. (2017). Obligate planktotrophy in the Göttes larva of Stylochus ellipticus (Platyhelminthes). Invertebrate Reproduction and Development, 61(2), 110-118. https://doi.org/10.1080/07924259.2017.1287781
- Klompen, A. M. L., Sanders, S. M., and Cartwright, P. “Hazardous Hydroids of Hydractinia: Variation in venom expression and nematocyte distribution in functionally distinct tissues of a hydractiniid hydrozoan” January 2020, Society of Integrative and Comparative Biology. Austin, Texas. Oral presentation.
- Klompen, A. M. L., Ames, C. L., Badhiwala, K., Muffet, K., Reft, A., Kumar, M., Field, L. D., Collins, A. G., Robinson, J. T., & Vora, G. J. “Description of novel nematosome-like structures in the mucus of the upside-down jellyfish Cassiopea.” September 2018, Cnidofest. St. Augustine, Florida, USA. Full program, pg. 33. Poster presentation.
- Klompen, A. M. L., Sanders, S. M., & Cartwright, P. “Influences of functional variation on venom expression in hydractiniid hydrozoans.” August 2018, Gordon Research Conference: Venom Evolution, Function and Biomedical Applications Mt. Snow, Vermont, USA. http://hdl.handle.net/1808/26794. Poster presentation.
- Klompen, A. M. L., Sanders, S. M., & Cartwright, P. “Differentially expressed venoms in functionally specialized polyps of the colonial hydrozoan Hydractinia symbiolongicarpus.” June 2018, Euro Evo Devo. Galway, Ireland. http://hdl.handle.net/1808/26793. Poster presentation. Received Third in Student Poster Competition
- Klompen, A. M. L., Sanders, S. M., and Cartwright, P. “Influences of functional variation on venom expression in hydractiniid hydrozoans.” June 2018, Cnidaria Satellite Meeting – Euro Evo Devo. Galway, Ireland. Oral presentation.
- Klompen, A. M. L., Reft, A., & Allen, J. “Do Götte's larvae feed? Culturing indirect developing polyclad flatworms.” January 2016, Society of Integrative and Comparative Biology. New Orleans, LA. Poster presentation. Received Best Student Poster Presentation - Division of Zoology
- Klompen, A. M. L., Kayal, E., & Collins, A. G. “Survey of CaTX-like Toxin Genes in Various Cnidarian Species.” September 2016, XII Congress of the Pan-American Section of the International Society on Toxinology. Miami Beach, FL. Poster presentation.
- Klompen, A. M. L., Kayal, E., & Collins, A. G. “Survey of CaTX-like Toxin Genes in Various Cnidarian Species.” August-September 2016, 11th International Marine Biotechnology Conference. Baltimore, MD. Poster presentation.
- Klompen, A. M. L., Kayal, E., and Collins, A. G. “Survey of Pore Forming-like CaTX Toxins of Various Species of Cnidaria.” August 2016, NOAA Hollings Undergraduate Scholars Research Symposium. Silver Springs, MD. Oral presentation.
- Klompen, A. M. L. & Lane, A. “Evaluation of the putative nocardiopyrone biosynthetic gene cluster from a marine-derived actinomycete.” March 2016, 251st American Chemical Society National Conference and Exposition: Computers in Chemistry. San Diego, CA. Poster presentation.
- Chancellor’s Fellow University of Kansas. 2017-2022. (https://graduate.ku.edu/2017-chancellors-fellows).
- Visiting Research Fellowship. National Museum of Natural History, Smithsonian Institution, Washington, DC. 2018.
- Honorable Mention, National Research Graduate Fellowship. National Science Foundation. 2017.
- Ernest F. Hollings Undergraduate Scholar. National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration. 2015-2016.
- National Science Foundation Research Experience for Undergraduates Scholar in Coastal Biology. University of North Florida. 2015.
- Lerner-Gray Grant for Marine Science. “Analysis on the role of nematosome-containing mucus of the Upside-Down Jellyfish Cassiopea xamachana.” American Museum of Natural History. $1,900. July 2018.
- Grant-In-Aid of Research. “Effects of historical and current food availability on the development of Stylochus ellipticus in the Chesapeake Bay.” Sigma Xi. $500. Fall 2015.
- Mary E. Ferguson Memorial Research Grant. The College of William and Mary. $355. Spring 2015.
- Graduate Summer Research Scholarship, University of Kansas. $5,000. Summer 2020.
- Ida H. Hyde Spring Scholarship for Women in Science to Study in a Non-KU Research Laboratory, University of Kansas. $2,000. Spring 2019.
- Ida H. Hyde Fall Scholarship for Women in Science to Study in a Non-KU Research Laboratory, University of Kansas. $2,000. Fall 2018.
- Graduate Studies Research Support Award, University of Kansas. $2,000. Summer 2018.
- EEB Graduate Student Organization Summer Travel Award, University of Kansas. $350. 2018.
- John H. Nelson Scholarship, University of Kansas. $5,000. 2017.
- Alumni Association Student Academic Prize: Organismal Biology, The College of William and Mary. $500. 2017.
- Benjamin Stoddert Ewell Service Award. The College of William and Mary. 2017.
- Zoo Aide Lifetime Achievement Award, Columbus Zoo and Aquarium. 2013.